last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning! 🌞

I was able to watch the town's fireworks from my backyard. The dogs weren't even bothered by it and thought it was great fun to be out back after dark 😂

We are just barely in the city limits. A school for troubled children is 1/2 block away, is just outside the city in an old Catholic convent. They have a couple square miles of empty ground. They are supposed to put on a big display tonight. Should be able to see it from my deck.

Yeah, I'm done with the dumb fireworks. Let's move on to Halloween, with the cool weather.

Took a 4 mile walk, jumped in the pool, and now camped in front of the TV anticipating the projected 111⁰ heat today. I just got my electric bill. $394 this month. My neighbor, who hosted yesterday's pool party, has solar panels everywhere on his roof. He just received his annual solar surcharge bill for $3000 this year. My son's solar surcharge for the year is $6000. Thanks to our next president, Governor Newscum, his appointed cronies at the Public Utilities Commission decided your energy at your solar panels can be sold to our power companies for $.11 per KW, but you MUST buy this electricity back from the power companies for $.41 per KW. I'm glad I decided not to get solar panels!

That's outrageous! You can't use your solar power for yourself?

It's already 103 here at 11:30. I'd like to go to the pool but it might just be too hot to go anywhere today. Our high was 110 yesterday and only getting hotter in the coming days.

In Arizona you use the power you make with your panels and the excess electric goes to the power company who in turn gives you credits against future bills.

The NEM 3 is nationwide. You may want to check again as I believe all states are duplicating this, but at different pay rates. NEM 3 is forcing everyone to buy those Tesla lithium wall batteries. My neighbor needed 2 of them installed at $12k a piece, to offset the power transfer loss.

The solar lease is $105 per month and the electric bill is usually just the standard fees, maybe $30 a month which includes the 2nd meter on the back garage. By the end of summer the credits catch up and the September bill may be a bit higher but then the credits overtake again and the bill goes back to the $30 until the next September. So however it works, we definitely don't get a yearly surcharge and having solar is worth having for such a large house.

Apparently since our solar system was installed before 2017 it is locked in and grandfathered for 20 years to rates APS pays for our excess electricity the panels produce... and it must be a pretty high rate for us to have such low bills and get so many credits. Installations after 2017 only lock in their rate for 10 years. Each year the rate APS pays goes down for new installations but they still get to lock into the rate for 10 years at the rate when was installed.

Last edited:
ABC: "Did you ever watch the debate afterwards?"BIDEN: "I don't think I did.""Did you know how badly it was going?"BIDEN: *incoherent rambling*
🚨
How does Biden not even know if he rewatched the debate afterward??!

Latest posts

Back