last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just booked a Vegas trip for August 17th-20th. Staying at the Mandalay Bay, and I'll be on the lazy river for 4 days. What happened to the $19 a night rooms? Holy crap, one night is $380!
Just wait til you get there, in the mini fridge everything is on scales, if you lift up a drink you paid for it. Can't put your stuff in there either. Everything has a charge and it's not cheap. If you want a free mini fridge to use tell them you have medication that needs to be kept in a fridge and they will bring you one.

Only hit 98 here today but was humid. I do fine in the heat but I don't like it. Was 105 and dry yesterday and I worked all day no issues. I guess when you spend every day in it you get used to it. Worst part for me is nights and weekends, wife wants to do outdoor stuff and I want to enjoy the ac.

I cleaned my rain gutters today. First time ever. Lots of dirt and gravel from the comp roof.
I guess I just can't sit still.
I need to clean my gutters and am trying to decide on what ladder to buy. Single story house, but inside one of my lights and smoke alarms are at about 10'. So I'm thinking a 6' platform type step ladder like the Werner Podium.

Go for an 8 footer. Don't get an aluminum one. Go for the stronger fiberglass ladder. It'll last a lifetime.
This is the one I'm leaning towards. It has the same reach as an 8' because you stand on the 6' platform and have the stability and safety of the upper frame to lean against.

Screenshot_20240803-211810.png

Screenshot_20240803-212501.png

Just don't leave the fiberglass in the sun for storage. And the higher the weight rating the more sturdy but also heavier.

Almost midnight and still 88 degrees. This is some California crap.

Mornin' Barri, Rusty....

...and all you 'others' that show up late !!!

Morning. Na, I was up at 0530. I cleaned the pool and just to turn on the whole house fan. It was 78 inside, and only 73 outside, so I want to suck in that cool air into the house for a few hours. Since I'm bored, I'm headed out for a walk right now.

It's already 93. I just finished blowing pine needles into a pile and into the garbage and put the dogs out back for a few minutes to chase lizards.

Teeny freshly hatched baby quail in my front yard this morning.

PXL_20240804_152256561~2.jpg

Not a good day. Sick all day and my feet are hurting. Need to get blood drawn in the morning. Don't know how if I don't get any sleep. Got two hours last night.

Latest posts

Back