last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother is good at breaking tools. 4 foot pipe in a 3/8 ratchet. I bought him some cheapy anazon ratchets, Sata and Ares were the brand and they have heald up great. Better than new snap on. I think snap on is no better than husky anymore.
I bought my Snap-on metric tools when I was a Toyota line mechanic in 1970. They hired me to do oil changes, but a month after I was there they moved to line mechanic. I had grown up working on cars and could do most of the stuff the other guys were doing. I was changing heads. 2 a day.

I'm bad about putting a 3/8" to 1/2" adapter on a 3/8" ratchet I've broken 4 adapters in two years, cheaper than braking ratches though. LOL.
When the economy crashes you should come work on some projects.

I bought my Snap-on metric tools when I was a Toyota line mechanic in 1970. They hired me to do oil changes, but a month after I was there they moved to line mechanic. I had grown up working on cars and could do most of the stuff the other guys were doing. I was changing heads. 2 a day.
I dont think i would want to wrench for a living. Its been a hobby since i was a kid but i think it would take my excitement away to have to do it.

Being able to work on a vehicle with no time limit and being able to do it correctly to me would be a great way to finish up a working career.
That goes for any trade but yes. I also like things done right and not rushed.

I dont think i would want to wrench for a living. Its been a hobby since i was a kid but i think it would take my excitement away to have to do it.
It did get boring. Toyota had a problem with valves. I was changing two heads a day every day. Then they sent me to transmission school, where I was lost. Theirs were nothing like the Chevy and Ford ones I had worked on. We got one in that even the zone mechanic could not figure out. I quit and took a job as a gas station mechanic close to home. The Toyota job was 120 miles round trip on the interstate through downtown KC.

Good morning!
82 for a high today with a good chance of rain this afternoon.

Latest posts

Back