last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's going to be 105 here today.
We had to wait for the javelina to finish munching on birdseed before we could take our walk this morning. He's a loner and the neighborhood has named him The Bachelor. It's the latest I've seen one in the yard, usually they are all gone by 5am. I always wait to feed the birds until after the javelina activity is done and only feed enough for them to finish by afternoon.

PXL_20240905_143705971~2.jpg

Last edited:
82 here currently. Working on my rental that has been empty since December

Chris, when you want to dig a hole, then fill the hole, let me know and I'll sent my grandson your way. He loves it out there, but is getting bored. I don't know if you are in the mood to babysit a greenie?

It's going to be 105 here today.
We had to wait for the javelina to finish munching on birdseed before we could take our walk this morning. He's a loner and the neighborhood has named him The Bachelor. It's the latest I've seen one in the yard, usually they are all gone by 5am. I always wait to feed the birds until after the javelina activity is done and only feed enough for them to finish by afternoon.

View attachment 11736
Interesting
When and where did the entire neighborhood get together to decide on one fake-pigs name that is fed by bird seed in your yard?
Most home owners despise these rodent like things in their yards mostly tearing things up.
How many in the neighborhood
Were at this meeting, no one wanted the name RatPig, NuisenceThing, ...or mentioned 'don't feed these damn diseased things and they won't come around'.
Just curious.

And why is the "bird seed" on the ground and not up where this vermin can't get it.

Last edited:
Interesting
When and where did the entire neighborhood get together to decide on one fake-pigs name that is fed by bird seed in your yard?
Most home owners despise these rodent like things in their yards mostly tearing things up.
How many in the neighborhood
Were at this meeting, no one wanted the name RatPig, NuisenceThing, ...or mentioned 'don't feed these damn diseased things and they won't come around'.
Just curious.

And why is the "bird seed" on the ground and not up where this vermin can't get it.

To answer your inquisition.....

A woman who has lived in the neighborhood awhile told me everyone calls him The Bachelor because he's not with a herd and has been wandering thru the neighborhood alone for years.

My front yard is and has been in the javelinas path for years. They come up thru the wash and head out thru the neighborhood to forage landscaping and knock over the occasional trash can. They travel in and out of the neighborhood thru a few dry washes.

I don't feed the javelinas. I put the bird seed out in the morning after they are gone and only put out enough for the birds to eat it gone by 2 or 3 in the afternoon. It's picked clean by evening. That javelina just happened to come thru very late for some reason.

The bird seed is in an old cast iron skillet on the ground for the quail and their babies to eat.

Chris, when you want to dig a hole, then fill the hole, let me know and I'll sent my grandson your way. He loves it out there, but is getting bored. I don't know if you are in the mood to babysit a greenie?
As long as I don't have to house and coddle him. I will have a rental available soon

To answer your inquisition.....

A woman who has lived in the neighborhood awhile told me everyone calls him The Bachelor because he's not with a herd and has been wandering thru the neighborhood alone for years.

My front yard is and has been in the javelinas path for years. They come up thru the wash and head out thru the neighborhood to forage landscaping and knock over the occasional trash can. They travel in and out of the neighborhood thru a few dry washes.

I don't feed the javelinas. I put the bird seed out in the morning after they are gone and only put out enough for the birds to eat it gone by 2 or 3 in the afternoon. It's picked clean by evening. That javelina just happened to come thru very late for some reason.

The bird seed is in an old cast iron skillet on the ground for the quail and their babies to eat.

He/she is probably gay, the others don't like him/her...

As long as I don't have to house and coddle him. I will have a rental available soon
Hey...
You could house me. But forget about the coddling, that ain't going to happen !

Either one would be VERY, Very, very costly for ya !

No, he has a house (my son's ex), I'm just trying to get him safe out of this f'ed up state and learn heavy equipment.
We do a lot of shit work, work long days and did I mention shit work?

Don't you know we are about to have an economy crash. We are seeing it here pretty good.

I barely cuddle my wife and I sure as don't coddle anyone so nobody needs to worry.

Latest posts

Back