last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Top of the morning to all!

We walked at 7 PM last night, and it was still 91 degrees. As humid as Florida in a hurricane. Woke up to pouring rain. A nice change of pace, but just opening the doors, now everything is sticky inside the house.

Barrie, I need a mechanic. About a year or so back, I put a new outside door handle on my 94 Econoline. Nothing would happen when you pulled on the old one. I found a piece broken inside the old one. After a couple months, the new one quit working. I cannot figure out why. The handle pulls the inside cables and the cables seem to be taut. I would think if one of them was broke, it would not be taut. You can't really see anything in there. The inside handle opens the door. Any ideas?
I found a broken plastic grommet on the handle when I finally got into it. Ordered one on-line, only $5 including shipping. Fun part will be pulling the door handle off to replace it. Only way to reach the inside is with 12 inch needle nose pliers. No way to even get a finger in there.

I found a broken plastic grommet on the handle when I finally got into it. Ordered one on-line, only $5 including shipping. Fun part will be pulling the door handle off to replace it. Only way to reach the inside is with 12 inch needle nose pliers. No way to even get a finger in there.

That's what I was getting at when I asked if the cable was moving around. Glad to hear that you found the problem.

Good morning everyone!
It's cooler here today with a high of 97.

If I remember, on Toyota Tacomas, you install all the cables and rods onto the handle BEFORE inserting it into the door, making things much easier to manage.
Only way to connect all the cables on these Fords would be to completely disassemble the door. Before I do that, I will continue to open it the way I am now. I have a cable around the inside handle that I can pull from the passenger side.

I guess you have been following the illegal gun restrictions by the New Mexico governor. The prosecutor, police chief and sheriff have said they will NOT enforce her illegal order.

More than a hundred people openly carried their guns in Old Town as they protested Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham’s recent controversial move on firearms.

“We’re not here to cause any issues. We’re just here to you know, express our amendment rights. And, you know, we’ll go from there,” said Derek J. a gun owner.
Gun owners rally in Old Town to protest public health order

Morning, fine folks.

Never forget!
flag.jpg

My youngest son Ross and I with the twin towers in the background. We were there for his baseball tournament and had no idea at the time how much this photo would come to mean to us.

IMG_20230911_080106.jpg

Latest posts

Back