last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning everyone.
The javelinas kept coming through the front yard all night and had the dogs up barking. They were still around this morning so we got a late start getting our walk in. They are fun to watch, and the babies are really cute. Just don't get close when they have babies because they are very protective of them.
I have a couple large size Live Traps... don't want the grown ones, but 2 or 3 of the smaller ones, could be tender and small enough to get a couple on the pellet smoker!!!
Dressed out, a quick brine soak, a Good rub I made and 3 to 4 hours in the low temp smoker..... they might be tasty !!!

I'm not sure javelina would be very tasty... LOL

They stink and are actually related to rodents

Not true, GOOGLE !
They have a Musk sack. As long as it isn't punctured they are fine. Smoked are delishous, many recipes on line. Described as a lean pork when cooked.

It is NOT TRUE javelinas are NOT related to rodents!

Last edited:
Nope
They are not a 'pig', not a 'rodent'.
I heard they were closest to a hippo but tgat sounds odd. I'll eat one. I own a 5 acre lot in Arizona that has them on it.

Picked up a new pair of boots today, going to try out redwings. Seem to be made very well but I'm sure the break in is gonna suck with my stupid foot but hopefully long term they are good

I have a pair of Redwing boots, never had an issue with comfort. I was required to.have a steel toed, was at first concerned about comfort. Best fitting most comfortable boots I ever had. Seemed pricey at the time but were well worth it. Take care of them, clean them, oil them, keeps your feet safe and dry.
I still have them... about 15 years later !

I heard they were closest to a hippo but tgat sounds odd. I'll eat one. I own a 5 acre lot in Arizona that has them on it.
There are youtubes on how to skin and prep them, you Have to know how to avoid the Musk gland
A brine or vinegar soak is a good idea, a Good rub then 3 to 4 hours at 275 on.a pellet grill Smoker....

IIRC That lot was near Williams ?

I have a pair of Redwing boots, never had an issue with comfort. I was required to.have a steel toed, was at first concerned about comfort. Best fitting most comfortable boots I ever had. Seemed pricey at the time but were well worth it. Take care of them, clean them, oil them, keeps your feet safe and dry.
I still have them... about 15 years later !
I'm hoping for longevity, I don't wear steal toes. They seem good. I just worry about my bad foot, very few things are comfortable.

The steel toes were not my choice, they were required PPE.
Suppose you could try not tying them to tight on the bad foot until you get use to them?
Take your old ones with you. If the new start to hurt change them until broken in.

Or....

Go to a UHAUL and pick.up a big roll of bubble wrap and tape. Then every morning wrap that bum foot up.

Latest posts

Back