last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have spent 54 years of my life with that pain. Chronic, sciatica... some days it is so bad i will eat 5-6 Oxys in a day.
Mine is constant, every day of my life, never without the pain.
Some days I can get a little relief with 3-4 aleive every 4 hours or so, but Never am I ever pain free. From the back of my hips, down the back of my legs, thur the outside of my calfs. I have had five sugeries for this, I have six vertabra levels fused with screws and rods. Some even have cadaver bone. As I said, some days it is dull enough to withstand, others no way.
I hate to tell you this but you most likely will have to bare with it, I have tried and gone thru it ALL in 54 years of this pain. Fushion helped for many years, but as the years go by scar tissue builds up at the base of vertabra where the nerve exits at the spinal collume fushion and this 'pulls' on the nerve irritating it and causing pain.
Just my experiance of 54 years since initial damage.
Yes, I get rather grumby, and some cant take it, and bail out. But it is extremely difficult to be cheery and happy when in extreme Pain.

I have spent 54 years of my life with that pain. Chronic, sciatica... some days it is so bad i will eat 5-6 Oxys in a day.
Some days I can get a little relief with 3-4 aleive every 4 hours or so, but Never am I ever pain free. From the back of my hips, down the back of my legs, thur the outside of my calfs. I have had five sugeries for this, I have six vertabra levels fused with screws and rods. Some even have cadaver bone. As I said, some days it is dull enough to withstand, others no way.
I hate to tell you this but you most likely will have to bare with it, I have tried and gone thru it ALL in 54 years of this pain. Fushion helped for many years, but as the years go by scar tissue builds up at the base of vertabra where the nerve exits at the spinal collume fushion and this 'pulls' on the nerve irritating it and causing pain.
Yes, I get rather grumby, and some cant take it, and bail out. But it is extremely difficult to be cheery and happy when in extreme Pain.
I don't know how you do it. My pain is nowhere near like yours and some days I want to give up.

Guess I am done with the flooring forum. I am locked out and will not fight to get back in. If they want to run all of us off, let them.

I don't know how you do it. My pain is nowhere near like yours and some days I want to give up.
Everyones pain 'felt' is at different levels. I have had it all done to get it to subside.
Every pain med known, Accuppucture, Spinal blocks, three other forms of injections, and multiple surgeries. Some helped for a while, some more than others, some less. Even tried hypnosis, alcohol... When it peaks, not much helps, about the only thing that will take the edge off is the Oxy. After this long I have been able to shut it out, but it is always there. I have to take care in bending, stretching, and worse is if i twist in any direction, try to turn my body.

Both my feet are 100% numb, right leg nearly up to my knee. Not numb to the pain but numb to feeling. I have to be careful when walking because I have no idea if my feet are on the floor, stairs are the worst with out knowing if you are on a step or not.
But as I said, most of the time I do OK, it is those times it gets unbearible, and get terrible thoughts for relief.

Good morning everyone.

Another hot day in the forecast. Took the pups on a really long walk this morning and tired them out so they can sleep through the heat of the day.

I'm sorry so many of you are in such pain. I wish there were better options for treating it.

Last edited:
Good morning all.

Rusty, you had just posted less than 2 hours ago on the flooring forum, are you saying you can't get in right now?
yep, security lockout, I finally got back in. But this is BS. They are going to do it to everyone on all their forums. It will cost posters on the flooringforum. I had to go recover an email address that I don't use anymore.

Last edited:
This morning I sprayed insecticide on the entire outside perimeter of my house and all the door thresholds. I HATE scorpions and don't want any in the house. My house is built on a stemwall foundation so the thresholds are several inches above the exterior grade. I'm glad for that because only the Bark scorpions, which are the most poisonous, can climb and fortunately they're not as common here. Mostly we have the Striped scorpions and they can't climb. You have to spray several inches up the exterior walls to keep the Bark scorpions from climbing.

Target store in Sacramento, CA has been had so many thefts thus calling the police that now they are being threatened with a fine for calling the police too much.

I've been fighting my sciatica and back pain for about 15 years, the last few are like you say, pain all the time regardless. Oxys work for me too. I usually can cut it a bit with ibuprofen but I eat to much of that too. I was in pain management for a couple years. If they didn't treat me like a pos draggy I'd probably still be there.. I haven't had any surgery on my back yet, I keep trying to avoid them but at some point I'll cave. I only have one decent disc in my back, the rest are bulging and have issues. I'm sure the rest of my life it will suck, just trying to find the best coping device.

No sir, I don't like it.
Screenshot_20240710_151453_Weather.jpg

The high here was 110 before we got some cloud cover.

The inside temp is really 78 not 84. It raises the temp in the base unit when I turn the back lighting on.

PXL_20240710_224343748.jpg

Latest posts

Back