last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished filing my taxes with TurboTax. I get a pretty good refund this year.

Morning all. I hate tax time. Always owe and its a headache. So much easier to be an hourly employee.

Don't have to file income tax. Did file for our real estate tax rebate. Anyone over 65 in Missouri can file and get their real estate taxes back. Very simple and short form.
I did my own business taxes for 40+ years so all the others look really simple to me.

For some reason I need to use a pin provided by the IRS to file. I had to jump through a bunch of hoops last year to prove my identity after I filed and it delayed my refund by 8 weeks. This year I e-filed and it was rejected an hour later because they wanted that stupid pin number. I had to find it and enter it and e-file it again. Hopefully it'll be accepted this time 🙄

They were rejected again. Apparently I have to get a new pin every year. I got one and e-filed it yet again.

Last edited:
For some reason I need to use a pin provided by the IRS to file. I had to jump through a bunch of hoops last year to prove my identity after I filed and it delayed my refund by 8 weeks. This year I e-filed and it was rejected an hour later because they wanted that stupid pin number. I had to find it and enter it and e-file it again. Hopefully it'll be accepted this time 🙄

They were rejected again. Apparently I have to get a new pin every year. I got one and e-filed it yet again.
When I was filing, I always just used paper forms. I would get my refund as fast as my daughter did and she e-filed.

For some reason they want me to use this pin number with any communication with the IRS, whether I call, e-file, or paper file. Last year I had to enroll in the pin program before they would accept my identity. So from now on I need to get a new pin every year to file. It's easy to get the yearly pin, but I did have to jump through some hoops to enroll originally.

That state refund was really simple. 2 pages, and all they wanted was birthdate, soc. sec. number, address and how much I paid in real estate tax with a copy of the receipt. I printed out the receipt from on line. You can file on line, but their site is a mess.

Latest posts

Back