last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So i went to the doctor, my yearly why do i feel like shit all the time visit. My A1c is low so thats good. My vitamin D is low(has been for years now which is odd for a guy that works outside) my Testosterone is low which she says is probably why i have no energy. Thats been low for over a year. My cholesterol is high and i gained 20 pounds sitting on my ass after surgery. Yay me.

So i went to the doctor, my yearly why do i feel like shit all the time visit. My A1c is low so thats good. My vitamin D is low(has been for years now which is odd for a guy that works outside) my Testosterone is low which she says is probably why i have no energy. Thats been low for over a year. My cholesterol is high and i gained 20 pounds sitting on my ass after surgery. Yay me.
My Dr tests me every year for vitamin d levels. I take D3 every day so my levels are always good. My cholesterol tested in the very upper end of normal a couple years ago so I started focusing on eating a lot more fruits and veggies and less processed meat and lowered it by 20 points. My estrogen tested low 12 years ago so I've been on the patch which also prevents osteoporosis. There might be a testosterone patch available?

Have they tested your B12? Most don't.

I take a vitamin D3 and B12 daily, a 20 mg Omeprazole (for my GERD) and have the testerone gel, where i squirt one pump on each shoulder in the AM. One of the 3 gave me great energy. So far, im down 40 pounds, and been able to cut back my Celebrex from every day to every second day.
17062386176567281846981506434188.jpg

My Dr tests me every year for vitamin d levels. I take D3 every day so my levels are always good. My cholesterol tested in the very upper end of normal a couple years ago so I started focusing on eating a lot more fruits and veggies and less processed meat and lowered it by 20 points. My estrogen tested low 12 years ago so I've been on the patch which also prevents osteoporosis. There might be a testosterone patch available?
My doctor was suprised that i already eat very healthy. I dont eat fast food but once every few weeks to a month, i dont eat much at all processed food. Really i eat healthier than most. I do like whiskey though. I suck at taking anything so i forget to take my vitamin D. I had her prescribe me it again because its a once a week pill not daily. She believes testosterone shots are the most effective so i am going to try that, it will be a shot every two weeks. I have a buddy that lives a mile away that also needs to start exercising so we are going to start running. Ive never been so heavy in my life. Im 290 pounds which sounds obese but im 6'3" and not overly fat. Still in a size 38 pant at least. 20 years ago i went to the gym 4 days a week and couldn't get below 238 so i think that is my ideal weight. So 50 pounds to lose.

I take a vitamin D3 and B12 daily, a 20 mg Omeprazole (for my GERD) and have the testerone gel, where i squirt one pump on each shoulder in the AM. One of the 3 gave me great energy. So far, im down 40 pounds, and been able to cut back my Celebrex from every day to every second day. View attachment 10770
I may look into that if i chicken out on the shots

I may look into that if i chicken out on the shots
Transdermal is an excellent way to absorb hormones. I'd probably give the creme a try before the shots, especially if you have to go into the Dr office every time you need one. If you do get the creme just make sure you apply it somewhere on you where your kids and pets won't come in contact with it because it'll absorb into them too.

Transdermal is an excellent way to absorb hormones. I'd probably give the creme a try before the shots, especially if you have to go into the Dr office every time you need one. If you do get the creme just make sure you apply it somewhere on you where your kids and pets won't come in contact with it because it'll absorb into them too.
Shots would be self administered. Ill have to do some research and see whats the best way.

My doctor was suprised that i already eat very healthy. I dont eat fast food but once every few weeks to a month, i dont eat much at all processed food. Really i eat healthier than most. I do like whiskey though. I suck at taking anything so i forget to take my vitamin D. I had her prescribe me it again because its a once a week pill not daily. She believes testosterone shots are the most effective so i am going to try that, it will be a shot every two weeks. I have a buddy that lives a mile away that also needs to start exercising so we are going to start running. Ive never been so heavy in my life. Im 290 pounds which sounds obese but im 6'3" and not overly fat. Still in a size 38 pant at least. 20 years ago i went to the gym 4 days a week and couldn't get below 238 so i think that is my ideal weight. So 50 pounds to lose.
I eat a LOT of blueberries along with fresh vegetables and fruits and I started eating more broccoli and wild caught salmon. I also cut way back on bacon, sausage, lunch meat, and other fatty meats... I almost never eat them now. I do still eat 2 eggs a day, cheese, chicken, pork, and beef.

I eat a LOT of blueberries along with fresh vegetables and fruits and I started eating more broccoli and wild caught salmon. I also cut way back on bacon, sausage, lunch meat, and other fatty meats... I almost never eat them now. I do still eat 2 eggs a day, cheese, chicken, pork, and beef.
We raise cows, chickens and turkeys. And the occasional pig for butcher. We almost never eat fatty meats. Never eat boxed or processed foods. My levels are not horrible but i dont want them to get there. Everything im taking is by my request so i dont need to be on any wierd medication.

We raise cows, chickens and turkeys. And the occasional pig for butcher. We almost never eat fatty meats. Never eat boxed or processed foods. My levels are not horrible but i dont want them to get there. Everything im taking is by my request so i dont need to be on any wierd medication.
I agree... I'll do anything to keep from having to take prescription meds. The estrogen patch is bioidentical and just naturally replaces what I can no longer create myself. It doesn't carry the risks that the pill form does.

Yikes! $700 per shot?
My patches are $50 for 3 months with insurance

Latest posts

Back