last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have watched two of them close up. Saw one go up a river when I was a kid. Saw one bounce and go over a valley I was in, early 80s.

One went right over top of us when we were vacationing in a cabin at Pennyrile State Park in Kentucky. Huge trees fell all around us. No basement in the cabin. It was pretty terrifying. Luckily for us the cabin was lakefront and just below a ridge causing the tornado to go right above us.

One went right over top of us when we were vacationing in a cabin at Pennyrile State Park in Kentucky. Huge trees fell all around us. No basement in the cabin. It was pretty terrifying. Luckily for us the cabin was lakefront and just below a ridge causing the tornado to go right above us.
I was also in a microburst once. I was working laying carpet in this big room that one wall was all windows. Did not hear a sound. Looked up and the tree that had been outside the window was gone. It fell between my van and the homeowner's car and missed both of them. Never heard it fall.

In total it should be about 2400 miles in a week. I can say in the durango its not horrible. Its like driving a race car so its kinda fun if i can keep away from the highway patrol

Latest posts

Back