last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So our 06 chevy 2500hd work truck lost a transmission today. Not sure if i want to fix or replace the truck. Truck is pretty beat. Motor makes some noise, truck needs brakes, tires windshield, interior is toast. Truck has 250k on it. Truck im looking at is through the guy in California i used to buy trucks from, its an 09 chevy 2500hd with 100k on the clock same exact setup with utility bed and all. Came from the same fleet which was the gas company which takes really good care of their trucks. The 06 went 250k with only oil changes and horrible drivers. What would you do? Hes asking 15k for the truck.

So our 06 chevy 2500hd work truck lost a transmission today. Not sure if i want to fix or replace the truck. Truck is pretty beat. Motor makes some noise, truck needs brakes, tires windshield, interior is toast. Truck has 250k on it. Truck im looking at is through the guy in California i used to buy trucks from, its an 09 chevy 2500hd with 100k on the clock same exact setup with utility bed and all. Came from the same fleet which was the gas company which takes really good care of their trucks. The 06 went 250k with only oil changes and horrible drivers. What would you do? Hes asking 15k for the truck.

You said that you were going to get smaller, do you really need to replace it, if so sounds like you have a good source for trucks.

You said that you were going to get smaller, do you really need to replace it, if so sounds like you have a good source for trucks.
I am downsizing. I still want and need a utilty bed truck regardless. My other option is if the bed will swap i have an 08 f250 with a brand new motor that we dont use. Its a nice truck but its a ford with 200k on it. Knowing my luck we start towing with it and that tranny blows up.

Really id love a brand new ram utility truck but i cant justify 80k for an employee to drive.

I am downsizing. I still want and need a utilty bed truck regardless. My other option is if the bed will swap i have an 08 f250 with a brand new motor that we dont use. Its a nice truck but its a ford with 200k on it. Knowing my luck we start towing with it and that tranny blows up.

Only one way to find out, might have to fab up some mounting points.

Tomorrow we are gonna take some measurements. Im pretty sure most are universal but the chevy was a cab n chassis and the ford is a pickup so there could be some differences

Morning all
Mornin"

Sell all the junk (all as scrap iron) if you have to.
If you want to cut back do it, throwing together a couple other POS's isn't going to help... just something else to fall apart or get torn up by another "employee". Could you lease one, write it off as buisness expense?
If you can afford it, back off on all the crap work, do the work YOU want to do. Not everything you think you have to do!
Is your physical health worth it, is your mental health worth it, is Your Family worth it. Only you can look at it All and decide What would 'please' You. Make Your life more pleasant, your Family Life better.

Mornin"

Sell all the junk (all as scrap iron) if you have to.
If you want to cut back do it, throwing together a couple other POS's isn't going to help... just something else to fall apart or get torn up by another "employee". Could you lease one, write it off as buisness expense?
If you can afford it, back off on all the crap work, do the work YOU want to do. Not everything you think you have to do!
Is your physical health worth it, is your mental health worth it, is Your Family worth it. Only you can look at it All and decide What would 'please' You. Make Your life more pleasant, your Family Life better.
You are so right. The last 10 years that I installed, I only did jobs that I wanted. I quit working weekends and I worked by myself. And I made more profit than I did when I had employees.

Good morning. Found a local guy who will be installing a camera system in the new car today at noon. It has front, rear, and cabin cameras with bluetooth, wifi, cloud, phone and SD card. It also stays active for 24 hours after parking the car. With all the illegals, who have no license or insurance, they hit and run. If the camera proves I was not at fault, insurance will pay my $1000 deductible. Well worth it since hit and runs are the only accidents that happen with open borders.

Check oit this privacy fence. Neighbor that owns that 40 acre parcel pit it up to block my customers view of the lake because they wouldn't pay for half of an old barbed wire fence they put up years ago.
20231018_134842.jpg

Latest posts

Back