last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ex was a professional dog groomer, and I had to set up her shop. This is what we had installed, along with separate grooming tables with collar chains and dryers in all the cages. She made big bucks but that fine dog hair was similar to a guy working with fiberglass insulation. That shit got everywhere and into all her orifices.

I'd have to wear a mask if I was a dog groomer. That fur flies everywhere.

Barrie, I need a mechanic. About a year or so back, I put a new outside door handle on my 94 Econoline. Nothing would happen when you pulled on the old one. I found a piece broken inside the old one. After a couple months, the new one quit working. I cannot figure out why. The handle pulls the inside cables and the cables seem to be taut. I would think if one of them was broke, it would not be taut. You can't really see anything in there. The inside handle opens the door. Any ideas?

Barrie, I need a mechanic. About a year or so back, I put a new outside door handle on my 94 Econoline. Nothing would happen when you pulled on the old one. I found a piece broken inside the old one. After a couple months, the new one quit working. I cannot figure out why. The handle pulls the inside cables and the cables seem to be taut. I would think if one of them was broke, it would not be taut. You can't really see anything in there. The inside handle opens the door. Any ideas?

Trace the cable and see if it is broken or chaffed anywhere, what we have found out on Ford ranger rear doors is the cable comes loose where it snaps on the door.

I've had cables stretch, which make the door not open.

My other half's car (front wheel drive) has a axle boot leaking grease. Took it over to my neighbor, who is a retired certified Toyota mechanic. He ordered two new cv-axles, since the boot costs as much as the complete axle. He has been working on it for hours, but only half done. The book says it is a 1.2 hour job for each axle, so I'm guessing Kia's are a bit different than Toyota's.

Last edited:
I've had cables stretch, which make the door not open.

My other half's car (front wheel drive) has a axle boot leaking grease. Took it over to my neighbor, who is a retired certified Toyota mechanic. He ordered two new trans-axles, since the boot costs as much as the complete axle. He has been working on it for hours, but only half done. The book says it is a 1.2 hour job for each axle, so I'm guessing Kia's are a bit different than Toyota's.

Kia's are a pita to work on.

Kia's are a pita to work on.
Can't get your hand inside this Ford door. When I bolted the new handle on, I used a pair of 12 inch needlenose to hod the inside nut. Can't see the end of the cable even with a mirror. How would you access the end of the cable to put in a new one? This is the driver's side door.

So, walked over to the mechanic, and half is done but he can't get the new axle inserted on the driver's side. I just you tubed cv joint install, and it clearly says the spring clip must be facing down to insert it. I told my neighbor what I read, and he said "thank you". I hope he isn't pissed at me, but since this was supposed to be an easy 1.2 hour job, maybe this will help my labor costs. I always look at You Tube videos for hints. Are mechanics too proud to do the same?

So, walked over to the mechanic, and half is done but he can't get the new axle inserted on the driver's side. I just you tubed cv joint install, and it clearly says the spring clip must be facing down to insert it. I told my neighbor what I read, and he said "thank you". I hope he isn't pissed at me, but since this was supposed to be an easy 1.2 hour job, maybe this will help my labor costs. I always look at You Tube videos for hints. Are mechanics too proud to do the same?

We aren't, do it quite often.

20 minutes after telling him the c clip trick, the job was done. He charged me $200 for both cv joints and $250 to install them. He told me that he appreciated the c clip trick, but wished he knew it 2 hours earlier. A great neighbor to have.

Latest posts

Back