last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to 91 here, supposed to drop to 75 Wednesday and tgen stay below 90.

Whats your guys opinion on grandpas station wagon? Keep it as it is original or make it something i want? Im not worried about any resale because i dont plan on ever getting rid of it. I like it and it drives nice but it is starting to rust out the rear quarter panels and tailgate. Interior is in fair shape but parts are old so im scared to do anything but barely sit in it. Its going to need work one way or another. As is i drive it a dew times a year but my goal is to drive it more, id like to take it on trips and use it and i wouldn't mind making it my own. What do you guys think? I would love to see it similar to this one.
Screenshot_20230827_184702.jpg

Whats your guys opinion on grandpas station wagon? Keep it as it is original or make it something i want? Im not worried about any resale because i dont plan on ever getting rid of it. I like it and it drives nice but it is starting to rust out the rear quarter panels and tailgate. Interior is in fair shape but parts are old so im scared to do anything but barely sit in it. Its going to need work one way or another. As is i drive it a dew times a year but my goal is to drive it more, id like to take it on trips and use it and i wouldn't mind making it my own. What do you guys think? I would love to see it similar to this one.View attachment 10161

If it was mine I'd restore the body and suspension,then LS it with a modern drive train. Then you will have a modern reliable vehicle that with the over drive trans will get you decent mileage.
Besides it will piss off the tree huggers.

Last edited:
Whats your guys opinion on grandpas station wagon? Keep it as it is original or make it something i want? Im not worried about any resale because i dont plan on ever getting rid of it. I like it and it drives nice but it is starting to rust out the rear quarter panels and tailgate. Interior is in fair shape but parts are old so im scared to do anything but barely sit in it. Its going to need work one way or another. As is i drive it a dew times a year but my goal is to drive it more, id like to take it on trips and use it and i wouldn't mind making it my own. What do you guys think? I would love to see it similar to this one.View attachment 10161
Do you really want to 40 to 50k into a restoration of a rusting worn out four door station wagon?

If it was mine I'd restore the body and suspension,then LS it with a modern drive train. Then you will have a modern reliable vehicle that with the over drive trans will get you decent mileage.
Besides it will piss off the tree huggers.
Drivetrain its all rebuilt and runs and works like new. Mileage would be nice.

Do you really want to 40 to 50k into a restoration of a rusting worn out four door station wagon?
Probably, it means something to me as stupid as it sounds. Ive spent more on less.

Overdrive transmission will get you that and do a fuel injection swap on the motor.
Overdrive would be nice , im hoing to look at grandpas logs and see what its been getting for mileage. It tuns awesome, blows cold air. The whole car is in really good shape except the start of rust in the back, thats from the stupid power bsck window seal thats been leaking into the panel.

I could spend 40k making this a nice car, if that much or spend that much on a new ford focus, id rather have the wagon.

Latest posts

Back