What did you eat for dinner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to South Coast Winery in Temecula. There were 7 of us. The bill was $700. I had halibut and a caprise salad, and a glass of wine. It took 1 hour and 50 minutes to drive 68 miles. I waved at your old homestead, Chris.
My wife likes that winery.

I'm a huge fan of Ponte Wineries next door. I think the wine tastes much better, and the outdoor patio for eating is really nice. The wait staff has always been outstanding, and provide a great pour. This place measures out each glass to a specific line, and certainly won't give you an over-pour. This restaurant seemed stuffy. We gave a $200 tip, which seemed more than fair, but she would not even return to refill our drinks, provide us water, or take any wine orders. She looked like a fresh border jumper from some Russian country, and barely spoke English. I'll never return!

I also found it funny that there two checkpoints so even if you made a turn, they would catch you in the second checkpoint. Tell me the cops and the wineries aren't working together. While eating dinner, the waitress promised that the DUI checkpoints only occur when there is a live band or festival, and promised us there were no checkpoints. Since I just had one glass of wine, it didn't matter to me, but this kinda seems like entrapment.

I'm a huge fan of Ponte Wineries next door. I think the wine tastes much better, and the outdoor patio for eating is really nice. The wait staff has always been outstanding, and provide a great pour. This place measures out each glass to a specific line, and certainly won't give you an over-pour. This restaurant seemed stuffy. We gave a $200 tip, which seemed more than fair, but she would not even return to refill our drinks, provide us water, or take any wine orders. She looked like a fresh border jumper from some Russian country, and barely spoke English. I'll never return!

I also found it funny that there two checkpoints so even if you made a turn, they would catch you in the second checkpoint. Tell me the cops and the wineries aren't working together. While eating dinner, the waitress promised that the DUI checkpoints only occur when there is a live band or festival, and promised us there were no checkpoints. Since I just had one glass of wine, it didn't matter to me, but this kinda seems like entrapment.
Have you been to Peltzer winery? That's my buddies and I did a lot of work there. I think some of the best wine and good people and atmosphere. He's not doing dinners yet until his new building is built but he does have food trucks and catering. If you ever want to go let me know and I'll make a phone call to make it the best experience.

Beets are good for blood flow.

Cheeseburger, corn on the cob, watermelon

Ended up having microwaved tortilla chips with cheese on top, with some hot sauce last night.
That's always been one of my go to snacks. Sometimes I'll add a little salsa on top, or diced tomatoes, or leftover taco meat. Whatever I might have around.

Latest posts

Back