last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it's hot like this I do all my yard work early ... Then I get bored when I come inside unless I can keep busy. I'm a bird nerd so I feed them and sit on the balcony and watch. We have a lot of cool birds here. Lots of Gambel's Quail, roadrunners, eagles, falcons, hawks, hummingbirds... I use a free app by Cornell Labs on my phone called Merlin that listens to the birds singing and identifies them, then after I spot it I enter it in the app and it's added to my list, pretty cool. I'm a plant nerd too so I spend a lot of time planting and taking care of trees, bushes, flowers, and cacti.

Our high today was 101. It's 8pm now and it's 88 with 16% humidity. Living at elevation helps with cooling down at night.

High of 93 here today. 10 pm and its still 80.

I did what i swore id never do. I bought a wakeboard tower for my boat. I hate those things and the people that have them but the kids want to do more watersports so i got out voted.

Good morning!

Chris, the kids wanting to do some type of outdoor sports - and just about anything that's not in front of a screen - is most likely a good thing.

Good morning!

Chris, the kids wanting to do some type of outdoor sports - and just about anything that's not in front of a screen - is most likely a good thing.
We dont have cable or video games and they dont get phones. Not much else to do except imagination and going outside. Im sure they will be behind the times when they hit high school.

I did what i swore id never do. I bought a wakeboard tower for my boat. I hate those things and the people that have them but the kids want to do more watersports so i got out voted.
I could never understand why anyone puts a roll bar on a boat?

It got 94 yesterday but was only 70 at night, so I flipped the switch for the whole house fan and got the house, and more importantly, the attic, nice and cool, so I slept like a baby.

Latest posts

Back