2014 Jeep GC Limited Electrical Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARuffIndividual

Reaction score
First...let me list the symptoms:
Intermittent issues with wipers, sunroof, and garage door openers.
Passenger Tail lights rapidly flicker.
Driver Low Beam does not work (yes, I changed the bulb).

What I have done so far:
I have taken it to 2 mechanics. They will not touch it without replacing the BCM (Body Control Module) which is very expensive. This is their first form of troubleshooting according to them. After seeing 2 almost $2000 estimates, I wanted to explore what I could do to resolve these issues. I did find water in my passenger taillight, so I replaced it. After cleaning all of the grounds I could find (cleaning meaning that I pulled the connection and used sandpaper/wire brush to create a good contact), and checking to see if ANY fuses were blown (none were blown that I could find {I used my multimeter to test them all), I found that someone moved the F73 fuse somewhere else. I replaced it and this seemed to fix the issues. After 2 weeks of working fine, the lights are acting up again. One other troubleshooting step I did, just to rule out the BCM, was I bought a used BCM off of Jeep of the exact make and model. Once plugging it in, the same issues were present. I then started to test connections at the lights themselves. While inactive, but "awake," the voltage remained around 6.25V for the headlight. When activated, nothing changed. I tested the working light and it jumped to 12.3V. I am almost certain that there is a short somewhere but am unsure how to start searching for it. Any advice will be appreciated!

Thank you!
Michael

Latest posts

Back